Saturday, March 26, 2011

All in a Name

So, I was inspired to go ahead and start a blog after seeing some friends do the same thing after the birth of their children.  Unfortunately I didn't think if this sooner and I'm starting this new adventure as Kate is knocking on the doorstep of her first birthday.  Oh well.  Better late than never!

Let's see.  Where do I even begin? Well, first of all I guess I should tell you a little bit about how I came up with the name of the blog.  I chose "far to go" as my title because of the Thursday's Child poem:


Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace,
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.


I love the idea that my preemie baby has far to go!  I also like to think that our family has far to go now that we have Kate in our lives.  Every night when I read her stories and rock her to sleep I can't help thinking about all the things we will do and places we will go just for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment