Sunday, May 22, 2011

Long Time, No Post

Sorry it's been several weeks since I last posted on the blog.  There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to work and play.  We've also pushed Kate's bedtime to between 7:30 and 8pm which doesn't leave me much time to do things around the house before I need to go to bed.  Needless to say, our laundry pile is quite large by the time I get around to tackling it! Anyways, here's some "news" from the 'ole home-front.

First of all, BIG news in our house....Kate has TEETH!  Her bottom two teeth started poking through at 13 months and 1 day.  Better late than never!  I've heard from lots of people that the later the teeth, the healthier they are, that she'll soon get all of her teeth at once, it will be less painful, the list goes on and on.  Not sure any of this is true, but we're just so thankful she won't be a spokes-baby for Baby Polygrip after all!

Second, Kate has been doing such a great job transitioning to "real" food.  Even without teeth, she can chomp down on chunks of chicken and turkey, pasta, bread, and a host of fruits and veggies.  She even tried cheese pizza one day!  What a big girl!


Kate enjoying her pizza!

Finally, I enjoyed a great 2nd Mother's Day.  As some of you might recall, Kate came home from the NICU on my 1st Mother's Day.  We spent the day with my parents and grandmother.  We enjoyed a Mother's Day brunch at my grandma's retirement community and baked a chicken dinner for dinner.  All in all, a great day!

Kate and Mommy on Mother's Day







No comments:

Post a Comment